PROS AND CONS OF ONLINE EDUCATION
The main advantages of an online education include flexibility, convenience, and the ability to study from any location. The disadvantages of online education include less interaction with professors or lecturers because of a lack of face-to-face communication, a lack of personal interaction with fellow students, and the extra cost of online study materials. Students should think carefully about the pros and cons of online education before enrolling.
Pros of Online Education
The advantages of online education are briefly explained below.
The best part of online education is being able to study from home. Some students may not prefer traditional education because it involves traveling to campus to attend lectures. Online educations, however, do not require students to commute to campus at all. All that is required to begin the learning process is Internet access..
- Online students can carry out their private or official work while receiving an education since online classes provide the convenience of a flexible schedule. Student can log in and log out when their schedules permit, whereas a traditional education adheres to a strict and mandatory schedule.
- With the help of technology, students can get an online education from any location. The only prerequisite is access to the Internet.
- The main benefit of online education is having control over courses.Students can allot more time to the topics which they find difficult. The speed with which they finish classes depends solely on their own needs.
Cons of Online Education
The disadvantages of the online education are briefly explained below.
Several institutes of online education are relatively new and offer a large variety of courses. Because of this, there may not be sufficient qualified professors for the classes. Estimates show that twice as many online instructors than are currently available are needed, because some instructors are not qualified to teach online students.
- An online education limits students’ face-to-face interaction. Some students believe there are few available opportunities for personal interactions and feedback when education takes place solely online.
- Online education requires technology such as access to a good computer, necessary software, and consistent Internet access. All three of these components are necessary for success in an online degree program.
- Online students are required to learn new skills, such as researching and correctly using the Internet. They need to learn techniques of navigating online libraries for required information.
- Online education systems do not provide much support or guidelines to students. Online students are required to be self-sufficient and motivated to complete exams and assignments.
- Online education does not provide a campus atmosphere, whereas students who get traditional educations and spend time on campus feel like part of a student community and have a sense of belonging to their school.
Surprisingly, computer networking careers and jobs are expected to grow much more quickly than other related fields – getting your education now can give you a big step-up on your respective competition.